Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Essie- Butler Please



Butler Please by Essie


Butler Please by Essie from their Winter Collection 2012

Sunday, my boyfriend and I were on our way to my parent's for dinner, and he had to stop at the store (Wegmans) to get some beer. He was taking his sweet time so I decided to venture off on my own and browse the nail polish section. The selection at the grocery store obviously isn't anything compared to a beauty shop, but I somehow always manage to find something I want. I came across the Essie Winter Collection for 2012, which has tons of fun, bright colors. I grabbed "Butler Please", "Where's my Chauffer" and "Snap Happy" and threw them in the cart (thanks babe for the polish!).

I've been doing so many neutrals and dark hues for fall, so these were all a fun change. I went home and painted my nails with "Butler Please" which actually was called "Butter Please" on the bottle that I purchased (I checked the Essie site and it actually is ButLer Please so maybe I just grabbed a misprinted bottle). The polish itself wasn't the best consistency. It was a little streaky and dried with a semi matte finish. Most matte nail polishes I have used in the past dry and paint the same streaky way though so I wasn't shocked. I did 3 coats and then topped it with Seche Vite Dry Fast Topcoat (Seche Vite Top Coat), which gave it a pretty and bold shine.

The color itself, in my opinion, needs a topcoat if you are looking to make it really pop. My boyfriend is going through his "royal blue phase" so he actually loved the color, which is nice to hear coming from a guys' perspective. I painted them last night with like I said, 3 coats AND a top coat, and one of my nails has already chipped in the corner. I don't know if this is my fault or the quality of the polish. I love the color, so even if it chips a little, it is definitely worth it! I love the over all finish. All day I keep glancing down at my nails because its such an eye catching color.

I have yet to use the other colors, but I will be back to rave/vent if they are worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment