Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

CRISCO

Crisco


I need to talk about my baby Crisco for a second because I feel selfish not sharing this hidden gem with you! I came across the benefits of using Crisco for beauty while googling "at home remedies for dry skin". I continued researching to see if the reviews were everything that they were cracked up to be because I was a little grossed out in the beginning. Tons of people actually swear by it as a night time moisturizer for body, face and also hair. 

I found some in my kitchen cupboard so I  had no excuse not to try it. I put it on my body and my hair because it seemed a little aggressive to just jump right in and slather it on my face too. I put it on right before bed and found that compared to one of my old tricks, Coconut Oil, it wasn't very greasy. The smell is very faint if any, and maybe only faint for me because I literally was drenched in it scalp to toes (minus face). TIP: If you use it in your hair, all you need to do is heat it up and let it melt down a little before rubbing it in. 

When I woke up I was very pleased to see that the reviews were true. My skin looked so healthy, replenished and soft. I washed and dried my hair, and it also felt super smooth and healthy. I have been using the Crisco religiously every night on my body (hair just 1x a week). It is by far my favorite moisturizer over any that I have bought in a store. Not to mention, it's supposed to be good for stretch marks and wrinkles. For $4.00 I encourage you to give it a try because if this prissy bitch can do it, then you can to!

No comments:

Post a Comment